AUN Academy seeks to create a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through developing appropriate instruction that allows for individual differences and learning styles. Our school promotes a safe, orderly, caring, and supportive environment. Each student's self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships with students and staff members. We strive to have parents, teachers, and community members actively involved in our students' learning. Academic excellence is highly encouraged. For this reason, we have highly qualified and professional teachers with local and international experience on our team. We promote self-discipline as the key to achieving success and progress. We also foster culture of respect and diversity, being an international institution accommodating people from different backgrounds. AUN Academy educates its students for success and to meet the changing needs of society.
To provide excellent education through quality teaching and moral upbringing of the children entrusted to our care through the inculcation of self-discipline and a culture of respect.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To promote academic excellence through experiential, multicultural, and residential education.
- To promote the study of and the use of English language
- To develop an appreciation for African languages and culture
- To learn the French Language in order to develop tri-lingualism and be able to take active role in an increasingly interconnected world
- To be competent in using new technology
- To realize the individual’s potential in all aspects of the curriculum
- To create a balance between academic, social, spiritual, cultural, and physical activities
- To inculcate honesty, responsibility, confidence, and cultural sensitivity.
- To develop sensitivity, tolerance, and respect towards other members of our diverse community.
Our motto, “Academic Excellence, Self–discipline, and Cultural Respect” is simple and directly related to our vision and goal in inculcating academic skills and shaping and molding our students for the future.
Academic Excellence: Academic excellence is the demonstrated ability to perform, achieve, and excel in scholastic activities; we promote Academic Excellence and identify it with achieving high grades and superior performance, not only in the academics but also in morals--because we believe that academic excellence is more than just making good grades.
Self-discipline: An atmosphere of academic excellence and cultural tolerance where people can grow in freedom can only be realized if self-discipline is inculcated in our students. From self-discipline comes the will-power to persist at difficult or unpleasant tasks until they are completed. We want our students to possess self-discipline to be able to overcome reluctance to begin tasks and to stay on track despite distractions.
Cultural Respect: We come from backgrounds so diverse that we have to create an environment that is spiritually, socially, and emotionally safe, a place that is safe for everyone and where there is no assault on, challenge to, or denial of any one’s identity, who they are, and what they need. It is about shared respect, shared meaning, shared knowledge, and shared learning. That is why all respect is integrated into our motto.